Working at Rebecca School means you are committed to supporting the growth and development of individuals with Neurodevelopmental delays utilizing the DIR Floortime® model. DIR Floortime® is a developmental model that incorporates a student’s development, their individual differences, and relationships. At Rebecca school we do not use discrete trials or ABA. Staff members who are part of the Rebecca School team are respectful, playful, determined, teammates, leaders and passionate about learning. Rebecca School staff work with students ages 3-21. When working with student’s staff are constantly assessing what are the students’ passions, what are their strengths, where are their challenges and how can we support their challenges. Being part of Rebecca School can be a rewarding and life changing opportunity.
Rebecca School is seeking full time Teaching Assistants & Paraprofessionals.
Teaching Assistants & Paraprofessionals Rebecca School is seeking full time Teaching Assistants & Paraprofessionals.
Rebecca School is looking for a head teacher for a classroom of students ages 4-7 years old, starting in September 2023. Teachers develop their own classroom curriculum, creating individualized, developmental, interest-based programs for each student while collaborating with an interdisciplinary team using the DIRFloortime® model. Teachers should be able to differentiate curriculum to meet the needs of a variety of learning profiles.
Applicants should hold a Master’s degree as well as NYS certification or be close to completing their Master's program.
We offer health & commuter benefits, 401K, tuition reimbursement, eligibility for student loan forgiveness, and a professional development stipends.
Head Teacher Rebecca School is looking for a head teacher for a classroom of students ages 4-7 years old, starting in September 2023. Teachers develop their own classroom curriculum, creating [&hellip...
Rebecca School is looking for a Physical Therapist to cover a maternity leave starting 9/5/2023 for approximately 18-20 weeks. Applicants should be Licensed in NYS, with experience in Pediatrics preferred. Applicants should feel comfortable with providing therapeutic services on both an individual and group basis in collaboration with other disciplines including but not limited to OT, SLP, and social work. Sessions can occur in a variety of environments, contexts, and social settings, depending on each student’s individualized physical therapy program.
About Rebecca School: Rebecca School is an independent, private therapeutic day school for children ages 3 to 21, promoting the education and development of children with neurodevelopmental delays of relating and communicating, including autism spectrum disorders. Rebecca school was founded in 2006 and utilizes the DIRFloortime® model (Developmental, Individual-difference, Relationship-based) developed by Stanley Greenspan, M.D.
· Holds a Masters or Doctoral degree in Physical Therapy
· Licensed to practice physical therapy in NYS
· Knowledge of DIRFloortime® is preferred, but not required
General Job Description:
· Provide individual and group physical therapy services to students that reflect their individual gross motor and developmental needs.
· Development of individualized therapeutic programs for students
· Training of other staff on pertinent therapeutic activities/techniques (handling techniques, sitting ergonomics, appropriate cuing, gross motor skill milestones) to support students as needed.
· Performance of initial evaluations and discharges when appropriate
· Work as part of an interdisciplinary team
· Consistent communication with parents/caregivers
· Writing of daily session notes, biannual progress reports, initial evaluations, and discharges (when appropriate).
· Referrals for appropriate assistive/adaptive technologies (wheelchairs, orthotics, etc.)
Benefits: We offer employee health benefits, 401K with match, and professional development stipends.
Physical Therapist (Maternity Leave Position) Rebecca School is looking for a Physical Therapist to cover a maternity leave starting 9/5/2023 for approximately 18-20 weeks. Applicants should be Licens...
Follow Us On Social Media!
© Copyright 2022 Rebecca School. All Rights Reserved. Learning Through Relationships