Physical Therapist (Maternity Leave Position)
Rebecca School is looking for a Physical Therapist to cover a maternity leave starting 9/5/2023 for approximately 18-20 weeks. Applicants should be Licensed in NYS, with experience in Pediatrics preferred. Applicants should feel comfortable with providing therapeutic services on both an individual and group basis in collaboration with other disciplines including but not limited to OT, SLP, and social work. Sessions can occur in a variety of environments, contexts, and social settings, depending on each student’s individualized physical therapy program.
About Rebecca School: Rebecca School is an independent, private therapeutic day school for children ages 3 to 21, promoting the education and development of children with neurodevelopmental delays of relating and communicating, including autism spectrum disorders. Rebecca school was founded in 2006 and utilizes the DIRFloortime® model (Developmental, Individual-difference, Relationship-based) developed by Stanley Greenspan, M.D.
· Holds a Masters or Doctoral degree in Physical Therapy
· Licensed to practice physical therapy in NYS
· Knowledge of DIRFloortime® is preferred, but not required
General Job Description:
· Provide individual and group physical therapy services to students that reflect their individual gross motor and developmental needs.
· Development of individualized therapeutic programs for students
· Training of other staff on pertinent therapeutic activities/techniques (handling techniques, sitting ergonomics, appropriate cuing, gross motor skill milestones) to support students as needed.
· Performance of initial evaluations and discharges when appropriate
· Work as part of an interdisciplinary team
· Consistent communication with parents/caregivers
· Writing of daily session notes, biannual progress reports, initial evaluations, and discharges (when appropriate).
· Referrals for appropriate assistive/adaptive technologies (wheelchairs, orthotics, etc.)
Benefits: We offer employee health benefits, 401K with match, and professional development stipends.