Occupational Therapist – Maternity Leave
Rebecca School is looking for an Occupational Therapist to cover a maternity leave for approximately 18-20 weeks starting (9/5/2023). Applicants should be Licensed in NYS, with experience in Pediatrics preferred. Applicants should feel comfortable with providing therapeutic services on both an individual and group basis in collaboration with other disciplines including but not limited to PT, SLP, and social work. Sessions can occur in a variety of environments, contexts, and social settings, depending on each student’s individualized occupational therapy program.
About Rebecca School: Rebecca School is an independent, private therapeutic day school for children ages 3 to 21, promoting the education and development of children with neurodevelopmental delays of relating and communicating, including autism spectrum disorders. Rebecca school was founded in 2006 and utilizes the DIRFloortime® model (Developmental, Individual-difference, Relationship-based) developed by Stanley Greenspan, M.D.
· Holds a Masters or Doctoral degree in Occupational Therapy
· Licensed to practice Occupational Therapy in NYS
· Knowledge of DIRFloortime® is preferred, but not required
General Job Description:
· Provide individual and group occupational therapy services to students that reflect their individual sensory, motor planning, visual special, fine motor and developmental needs.
· Development of individualized therapeutic programs for students
· Training of other staff on pertinent therapeutic activities/techniques to support students as needed.
· Performance of initial evaluations
· Work as part of an interdisciplinary team
· Consistent communication with parents/caregivers
· Writing of daily session notes, biannual progress reports, initial evaluations,
Benefits: We offer employee health benefits, 401K with match, and professional development stipends.